Monday, November 14, 2005

Jams rule


Just listening to the bonusdisc of Transatlantic's Bridge Across Forever. Must have for cover fanatics like me. First they do Pink Floyd's Shine On Your Crazy Diamond, which is very well done. After that you hear a studio 'chat' which continues into a jam of the Beatles And I Love Her and then Deep Purple's Smoke On The Water. I just love these 'peek into the studio' kind of jam things. Metallica released an hour long session in their first fanclub release where they drift from one cover into the next while fooling around. You don't get to hear things like that enough! Mercyful Fate, Tygers of Pan Tang, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin and Beatles.

Was surprised to hear Madonna incorporate a bit of ABBA into her new single. Thought she was too big a pop diva to do such a thing. That is until I remembered she did Don McLean's American Pie and did John Lennon's Imagine at Tsunami Aid. Not sure whether I actually like the ABBA thing, but just like any other time it's probably down to personal preference. I'm not very much into the mature Madonna. Like her work circa Like a Virgin, but that's me growing up in the 80s, of course.


Comments:
Ever considered writing for Coverblog.com? We're in need of writers... as you can see from our consistent lack of updates...
 


Didn't know it :) Checked it out and decided against it. 2 reasons. First of all I'm a control freak and like to have everything my way and second I don't think our styles are similar enough to appear in the same place.

Have linked to you and will definitely keep an eye out on what's happening at the dotcom.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home